Gut healing stewed apples
Stewed apples are a delicious and simple source of gut balancing prebiotics. Prebiotic foods contain natural fibres to help feed the good bacteria in our gut, supporting digestion, inflammation and immunity. The gut healing properties come from the pectin found in the cooked skin of the apples, whilst the cinnamon and ginger are both known to be anti-inflammatory and great for digestion.
Cook Time 5 mins
- 4 organic apples washed, cored and diced (remember to keep the skin on!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric freshly grated or powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger (you can use powdered ginger if you prefer)
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cover with a lid
- Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until softened
- Eat straight away or store in an airtight container in the fridge
I love mine over warm porridge, but the stewed apples also make a great snack on their own.