Many shop bought gluten free pastas are highly processed and contain inflammatory ingredients. I love this simple gnocchi recipe made predominantly using highly nutritious sweet potatoes.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 1 hr
Servings 2 people
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2.5 cups of gluten free flour (I like Doves organic rice or oat flour but you can use regular flour too)
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with knife and bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender. Set them aside to cool
- Combine just 2 cups of gluten free flour with the salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash them with a fork. Add to the flour mixture and combine well to make a dough
- If the mixture is sticky, keep adding flour slowly to give you a dry dough
- Once fully combined, roll the dough into long logs and cut the gnocchi into 1 inch pieces
- The gnocchi can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for a couple of months
- To cook the gnocchi, boil a pot of water and add the gnocchi. After approximately two minutes, the gnocchi should float to the surface. Continue to boil for a further 30 seconds and then remove them from the water using a slotted spoon
Serve with my kale and pesto sauce for a healthy vegan meal.