Easy steps to be more healthy
We are constantly bombarded with conflicting information around what we should and shouldn’t be eating. Ideally, focus on balancing plenty of nutrient dense foods alongside some tasty but perhaps 'not so beneficial’ foods in a ratio of 80 to 20 percent.
Here are some tips to help make some simple positive changes to improve your health:
- Sprinkle seeds onto at least one meal a day to increase essential fats
- Have your coffee after breakfast, not before, to avoid a morning blood sugar spike
- Add some yoghurt (ideally kefir) daily to increase gut-friendly bacteria
- Take your time when eating meals and chew your food well to avoid maldigestion and bloating
- Add two vegetables to every meal (yes...even breakfast!) to increase your daily fibre and overall nutrient intake