Many shop bought energy balls are high in sugar in the form of honey or dates. My homemade unsweetened recipe will help keep your blood sugar stable through the day, giving you a more continuous, steady stream of energy. They are great as an afternoon snack, dessert or even breakfast on the go.
Prep Time 15 mins
Freezer Time 1 hr
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp oats (use gluten free if you are a coeliac)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Place all the ingredients except the desiccated coconut into a bowl and mix well
- Create small balls with the mixture. If the mix is too dry, add some more almond butter and if too wet, add a touch more oats
- Roll the balls in the desiccated coconut and keep in the freezer in a airtight container till you're ready to eat them
You can add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the mix if you are trying to increase your protein intake.