Finding healthy options in the supermarket shopping aisles can be tricky. Many shop bought snacks, often aimed at kids, are laden with hidden sugar and preservatives. As a busy mum of three, I understand that time is of the essence. So, I have put together a list of a several quick and easy snack ideas to keep you and your children satisfied when the munchies come along.
Healthy snack ideas...
- Yoghurt/kefir with a sprinkle of acai powder
- Air poped salted popcorn
- Kale crisps
- Bell peppers and carrots in hummus or guacamole
- Apples sprinkled with cinnamon
- Nuts and seeds trail mix
- Celery and carrot sticks dipped in almond butter
- Homemade energy balls (rolled oats, almond butter, freeze dried strawberries, coconut flakes and a touch of honey)
- Cottage cheese on oatcakes
- Overnight soaked porridge oats (oats, milk, cinnamon, chia seeds and vanilla)
- Berry smoothie
- Hard boiled eggs
- Baked sweet potato
- Mixed berries