Raspberry and chia keto jam
Chia seeds are well known as a superfood. Despite being low in calories, they are packed with fibre, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Chia can be eaten raw, blended into a smoothie or sprinkled over salads. Alternatively, they can swell up into a jelly when you mix them into a liquid, which can help support regular bowel movements.
Prep Time 2 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Servings 4 people
- 150g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp stevia (optional)
- zest of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients in a small pan and simmer on a low heat for 5 mins
- Once the chia has swelled and the mixture has turned into a jam, leave to cool
- Place into a small jar and store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- You can also freeze some of the jam in ice cube trays to use within a couple of months
This is great for breakfast served over porridge oats or granola.