Turmeric spiced butter beans
Most people in the UK don’t eat anywhere near enough fibre leading to poor digestive health, heart disease and cancer. Butter beans (also known as lima beans) are a fantastic source of fibre, with one serving providing you with half the recommended daily intake. I love this recipe for breakfast but you could equally enjoy it as a side dish or served on toast for lunch.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Servings 2 people
- 400g can white butter beans drained and rinsed
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp fresh grated turmeric or ground turmeric
- 1 spring onion chopped
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- bunch of parsley leaves chopped
- slice of lemon
- Place all the ingredients except the parley and lemon in a pan till simmering
- Garnish with the parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice
If your mornings are rushed, prepare the ingredients in a pan the evening before and keep it in the fridge overnight. Heat it up in the morning for a super healthy, nourishing breakfast.