Top 5 steps to achieve happy hormones
Hormones play a huge role in our overall health and wellbeing. They include sex, insulin, stress and thyroid hormones. They work together in unison, like different instruments in an orchestra, to achieve optimal performance. However, when one begins to go wrong, it can have a knock on effect resulting in utter disruption.
Some symptoms of hormonal imbalance include:
- Weight gain
- Depression and anxiety
- Low sex drive
- Poor skin quality
To help get your hormones back in sync, try following these top 5 steps:
- Get more sleep - sleep plays a vital role in balancing your blood sugar and stress hormones.
- Make exercise part of your daily routine - find ways to move that you enjoy! Whether it is a walk with a friend, a cycle to the local supermarket or some relaxing yoga.
- Eat fat - hormones are made from cholesterol, so eating the right types of fat are so important for hormone function.
- B vitamins - this group of vitamins work in conjunction with hormones to make them function properly.
- Support your gut - beneficial bacteria in the gut play a major role in how well we detoxify and eliminate hormones.
If you feel you need some support balancing your hormones and overall health, get in touch for your complimentary 20 min consultation and see how nutritional therapy can have a huge impact on the way you feel.