Kale is known to be one of the most nutritious greens in the world, loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C and K. In this recipe, I use hemp oil due to its beneficial levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, proven to reduce inflammation and promote healthy skin.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 1 hr
Servings 2 people
- 5 tbsp hemp oil (or oilve oil)
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 350g kale (stalks removed)
- 50g pine nuts
- 25g fresh basil
- Blanch the kale in boiling water for a few seconds till bright green
- Add the kale to a food processor along with all the other ingredients and blitz till it forms a rough paste
- Cook your pasta (gluten free is optional) and mix the pesto into the pasta and serve immediately
You can try adding a tablespoon of cashew nut butter for a more creamy textured pesto.