Top 5 health properties of cinnamon
Cinnamon is a delicious sweet-smelling spice that has been traditionally used in cooking for centuries. Ceylon cinnamon rather than cassia is the best form to buy due to its higher quality.
Health Properties of Cinnamon:
- Cinnamon can significantly improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin, helping lower blood sugar levels.
- Cinnamon is packed with antioxidants such as polyphenols which help your body protect itself from oxidative damage.
- This spice has anti-inflammatory properties, helping your body fight infections and repair damaged tissue.
- Studies have shown that cinnamon may reduce the growth of cancer cells.
- Even in just very small doses, cinnamon has been shown to reduce blood pressure as well as LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, indicating that it may improve factors of heart disease.