These delicious cashew butter cups will satisfy both your sweet and salty cravings. With no added sugar, this nutritious chocolatey dessert is so simple to make with just a few natural ingredients.
Prep Time 40 mins
Servings 8 people
- 100g cacao butter
- 100g coconut manna (Nutiva is delicious)
- 30g cacao powder
- ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50g cashew nut butter
- Place the cacao butter, coconut manna, cocoa, vanilla and sea salt in a medium sized saucepan and melt together over a low heat
- Line muffins tins with 16 paper cases
- When the chocolate mixture is fully melted, stir well and spoon 2 dessert spoons into the bottom of each muffin case. Then place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until hard
- Once the discs are solid, use two teaspoons to place a £1 coin sized circle of cashew nut butter in the centre of each disc
- Finally re-stir the chocolate mixture and add a further 3 dessert spoons (30ml) of mixture to each muffin cup, encasing the cashew nut butter
- Freeze for a further 20mins and once set, store in a airtight container in the fridge
You can use coconut oil instead of coconut manna but you will loose some of the sweetness.