Easy chopped salmon salad
Getting enough healthy fats into our diet is critical for the structure of our cell membranes and beneficial for skin, hormone and brain health. They reduce inflammation in the body preventing heart disease, arthritis, asthma, skin disorders and mood imbalances. Eating tinned wild salmon with skin and bones on not only increases your omega 3 fatty acids, but also helps prevent osteoporosis.
Prep Time 5 mins
Servings 1 person
For the salad
- a small can of wild Alaskan salmon
- 1 tbsp of sprouted broccoli seeds
- half a carrot
- a handful of mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 nori seaweed sheet
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the carrot, lettuce, broccoli seeds and nori and place in a bowl
- Add the salmon and gently mix together with a fork
- Mix the apple cider vinegar, hemp oil, salt and pepper in bowl and pour over the salad
Add some chopped avocado to the salad to increase your serving of healthy fats.
Enjoy this salad alongside a baked sweet potato for a more hearty meal.