Pineapple originated in South America. This wonderfully sweet fruit is packed with nutrients despite being low in calories. High in vitamin C and manganese it can be considered a superfood due to its antioxidant properties. For people with poor digestion, pineapple functions as an enzyme, helping breakdown proteins.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp ghee butter or dairy-free avocado oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 medium hot fresh chilli
- 2 chicken breast chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 fresh medium ripe pineapple chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 5 long french beans chopped
- 500g tomato passata
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in a pan with the butter or oil and gently fry till golden brown over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and fry for a further 5 minutes till golden.
- Add the carrots, pineapple and beans and continue cooking, stirring regularly for 5 minutes.
- Add the passata, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Cover the pan and lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with brown rice or quinoa.
Replace the chicken with tofu for a vegetarian option.